Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inspirational

Today I went to Book People here in Austin to hear the Yarn Harlot speak on her book tour:




It looks a whole lot like I'm a million miles away from her, but really I was just a few rows back standing behind a bookcase. She read a few chapters from her book and did a little Q&A.

I've always enjoyed her blog and her books and was happy to learn she's just as funny and witty in person.

Unfortunately, I didn't get my book signed because I didn't have a receipt for it. I actually preordered it on Amazon weeks ago and didn't think about it. Oops.

She did talk about the sweater from hell and her harrowing story was motivation for me to come home and finally get to working on finishing the Pole sweater that's been about 75% complete for several weeks now.

You can sort of see that I'm making some headway on the sleeves. This part is always the fastest bit and I actually really like the DPNs that I bought at my LYS. They are much smoother than the Clover Bamboo needles that have been in my yarn bag for years.



I have to admit that I've been having second thoughts about giving this sweater away. It was originally meant as a Christmas gift for my future MIL, but I'm worried about the size. I guess I can always just give it to her and if it's too big, I can shock it in the dryer for 30 seconds at a time to shrink it up just a bit. It's so hard to get sizes right for people who live a few thousand miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment