Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Un-knitting

Otherwise known as "tinking."

This morning I had to take our car to Discount Tire to get a nail taken out and make sure one of the tires is still good to go.

Here's how my morning looked:
















I was all like "YAY! Morning knitting with coffee in the nice 75F weather!" Everything was going great and I was smiling and knitting, knitting and smiling. 

And then, I finished my pattern repeat and thought it best to stop and measure the sleeve opening to make sure I was on track. Lo-and-freaking-behold, I knit too much :-( 

















The arrows indicate the correct measurement. So, rather than making some good progress on this sweater this morning, I had to un-knit about 1.5". Now, I'm always terrible and terrified of taking out the needles and ripping out stitches. I'd much rather go backwards, stitch by stitch, and un-knit my knitting. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment