Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Making steady progress!

Last Thursday, my Future DH let me pick him up late so I could go to the yarn shop to pick out some new yarn for a Christmas sweater I have been planning. It's the Pole pattern that I linked a while back. After debating with myself whether to use Malabrigo as suggested in the pattern, or to look for another heavier worsted weight yarn. Ultimately, due to dye lot and stock restrictions, I settled on 5 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a dark charcoally grey mix. 



















To the first touch, the yarn isn't quite as soft as I would prefer, but I know that after being knit up on size 10 needles and then given a good wash, it will fluff up and feel just heavenly! 

Now, at first I was a little confused about the construction of the pattern, so I did my usual pre-knit process of reading through the entire thing and then checking Ravelry for any questions that might help me along the way. I'm very glad I did because one knitter suggested not binding off part of the back piece so it would be easier to pick up and knit the stitches later with the bottom part of the sweater. This is something that would have come to me after I started the sweater and I would spend the rest of that section cursing myself for not planning ahead.

Here's a picture of the sweater.....though it looks more just like a big blackish grey lump right now! However, I think these nice 60F nights lately will provide me some more inspiration to finish this sweater up so I can make one for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment