Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Dreaming of Thrummed Mittens

I'm not sure what came over me yesterday, but from about 3PM onward, all I could think about was making myself a pair of thrummed mittens! I'm fairly confident that I've already got enough worsted wool to last me a lifetime choose from for the body, so my main task at hand is to procure some rainbow dyed roving. 

I started checking out some listings on Etsy and saw some really beautiful things when I remembered that a dear old friend of mine dyes fiber as a hobby. So, I hit her up on Facebook and she'll be beginning on my order today. I've requested either traditional ROYGBIV colors, or rainbow neon colors, whichever is easier.

The Yarn Harlot wrote up a very simple thrummed mitten pattern years ago that I've got book marked. You can find the instructions on or about here (it kind of spans a few posts.)

Ultimately, my finished mittens should look something like this:





















Photos borrowed from the Yarn Harlot's blog.

This will be my first try at thrumming anything, but I'm really excited to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment