Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Socks in Progress

This week I find myself in Houston again for work. I don't really mind it so much because I get loads of free knitting time!

This week, I packed the Monkey Socks (above) in Shi Bui Sock yarn for a secret surprise and Watershed  (to the right) that I'm working on for my friend at work. They're both great hotel knitting projects because they are lace and charted and require an extra bit of concentration that can be hard to come by at home :)



I always feel so silly when I pack for any trip because rather than worrying about clothes, toiletries, etc getting packed and being adequate, I always pack my yarn and books first!

In keeping with this week's theme of awesome knitting projects and other knitting related items, I packed my current book, Needles and Pearls. It's the second in a 2-book series by Gil McNeil. I adore these books because I love the author's writing style (she capitalizes Important Ideas, which I totally identify with) and the main character is a woman who has recently begun running her gran's wool shop in a small, seaside town. It really is just a nice feel-good series and I hope there will be more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment