Sunday, March 13, 2011

Note to Self

When using a provisional cast on, it's always best to do the cast on in a different color or different yarn than your project. Yesterday morning I started a new project for a girlfriend at work that I was so, so excited about. In my excitement, I failed to remember this simple bit of advice and used the project yarn for my provisional cast on. This morning I finished the bottom edge and went on to the next bit where you pick up along the side to create these knitted scallops along the edges. Lo an behold I'm having an absolute devil of a time because I can't figure out which yarn is the cast on and which yarn is from the actual edging!

Even though I've been knitting for years, sometimes it's best to revisit those basics of knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment